IS CHIROPRACTIC RIGHT FOR ME?
If you have ever wondered if chiropractic is right for you, the quiz below may be able to help you decide.
1. Are you willing to make yourself a priority and commit the time required to help your body heal? Unlike a visit to your medical physician who can send his treatment home with you in the form of medications to take on a specific schedule, the chiropractic physician literally holds your treatment in his/her hands. Therefore it is necessary to visit Dr. Williams several times per week when you first begin your treatment plan. Then as your body begins to heal these visits are reduced as you enter into a more corrective phase of treatment. (See PHASES OF CARE for further explanations.) To be a chiropractic patient requires a strong commitment to keep all scheduled appointments and perform all home exercises and therapies, but with that commitment comes the reward of a healtheir you.
2. Do you want to avoid opiod or over the counter pain medications to deal with your pain? Chiropractors never prescribe pain medications. Dr. Williams will harness your body's natural healing abilities by correcting misalignments thereby restoring proper joint and muscle function. (See WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC?)
3. Are you interested in a healthier lifestyle? In addition to adjustments and therapy, Dr. Williams also instructs his patients about nutrition, supplements, posture, and exercise.
4. Are you interested in discovering the root cause of your pain? After your initial consultation, Dr. Williams will perform an indepth chiropractic, orthopaedic and neurologic examination, accompanied by x-rays of your complaint area. After analyzing these two factors, he will then determine if any additional testing is necessary such as an MRI or CT Scan. Once all results are analyzed you will be given his diagnosis and recommended plan of treatment. Dr. Williams will then answer any questions you may have about the cause of your pain and how he will approach correcting the underlying problems that led to your joint dysfuction.
5. Does your job restrict you from using certain medications such as opiods or muscle relaxants? Chiroptactic is an all natural alternative to health and healing.
6. Do you participate in a sport or activity that would benefit from more flexibility or better range of motion? As a Board Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP) Dr. Williams is the natural choice for atheletes of all levels who want to perform at their peak.
If you answered yes to four or more of these questions, chiropractic may be right for you.
Call our office today at (865) 984-9000 to schedule an appointment.